The Institute for Better Education (IBE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and nonpartisan organization, solely dedicated to advancing parental choice in education for all children in the state of Arizona. Working on behalf of students since 1998, IBE offers all of the state-approved tax credit programs to provide quality education options for parents. This is an American issue that affects us all. It is our belief that a parent’s right to choose is the single most equitable and successful method of improving K-12 education in Arizona … and America.
The following information comes directly from the Institute for Better Education- Board of Trustees Policy Manual. This document spells out why IBE exists, for whom it exists, and at what cost to accomplish those ends. The purpose of the Institute for Better Education (IBE), a state of Arizona authorized School Tuition Organization (STO), is to honor God by administering all Arizona State Private School Tax Credit programs, at a cost of not more than 8% of all tax credit donations made to IBE.
Scholarship Programs will be established to support every Private School Tax Credit program that Arizona votes into law. To date, there are four.
- Original Individual: Donations made to scholarship a student or school.
- PLUS/Switcher: Donations made on behalf of students meeting state-prescribed criteria
- Corporate, scholarships for Low Income children: Donations made by eligible corporations or insurance companies who pay state taxes on their premiums
- Corporate, scholarships for Disabled or Displaced students: Donations come from eligible corporations and insurance companies that pay state taxes on their premiums and are contributed to benefit Arizona students with disabilities or who have ever been part of the AZ Foster Care System.
- Build public awareness of the tax credit scholarship programs through training and promotional materials, advertising, and community presentations.
- Health of IBE is demonstrated by the following: maintain a positive public perception; communicate news and laws that impact the tax credit scholarship program; and compare favorably with other STOs based on the annual report from the AZ Department of Revenue.